Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014

I have gone to a lot of different stores in New York and they all have one thing in common.  No store in New York that I have gone to has Jalapeno Cheetos.  It is kind of depressing.

It is the 50th anniversary of the World's Fair and the Plainview ward building (the ward I go to) was part of it.  L. Tom Perry held a fireside in Manhattan that was broadcasted to our building.  It was nice to hear from someone who was there the first time the church was at the fair.  He talked about how it doesn't matter what our religious background is, but we should all stand up for religious freedom.

We had dinner at a member's house on Friday and I got to try orchata and cow tongue tacos and they are both pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. My first husband and I visited the church's pavillion at that New York World's Fair.

    ReplyDelete