Monday, December 22, 2014

December 8th, 15th and 22nd

December 8, 2014

This week was kind of a dull week.  We had exchanges again this week.  I went with Elder G. which was pretty fun.  We went over to the Elders' Quorum president's house and helped him a couple of days which was good.  Transfer calls are on Saturday so it will be interesting to see what happens.  I wish it would just snow already.  It's December and there still hasn't been a legit snow fall.  It has rained a lot though.

December 15, 2014

Transfer week and sadly I'm out.  It was fun being in Plainview, but it's time for me to go some where else now.  We did a lot of service this week cleaning up leaves on people's yards and helping people fix their fences and other things to help them get ready for snow.  We had a zone training meeting which was good as well.  I'm sad to go but I'm also excited to see where I'm headed.

December 22, 2014

Transfer week is now over and I am in Rego Park (Queens) as an office Elder now.  Basically what an office Elder does is we deliver beds and dressers and things like that throughout the whole mission.  I traded in car keys for a fifteen passenger van keys (for deliveries) and a metro card for the trains and buses.  I am with Elder MacCabe now.  He was the district leader while I was in Plainview my first two transfers.  I also went from an eight missionary district and a 24 person zone to a four missionary district (one set of elders and one set of sisters) and a twelve person zone so it's a big change.  The apartment I am in now has only missionaries in it.  On the bottom floor is me and Elder MacCabe.  The second floor is the Spanish speaking Elders.  The Sisters are on the fourth floor and one of the senior couples are on the top floor so that's a big change.  As an office missionary I get to go everywhere in the whole mission.  On Friday I got to go to the Hampton Bays which was a six hour trip but it was cool to see how different it was to the rest of New York.

I hope everyone has a good Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment